Moldova is a small country but rich in history, culture and picturesque places to visit. In this guide we take a look at some of the most amazing sights, their costs and practical tips for your trip.
Sights and prices:
- Chisinau Botanical Garden (Strada Pădurii 18) – Free of charge
- Curchi Monastery (Curchi 3524, Orhei) – Free of charge
- Cathedral of the Nativity of Christ in Chisinau (Piaţa Marii Adunări Naţionale 1) – Free of charge
- Cipova Monastery (Ţipova) – 10 lei per person, 10 lei per car
- Căpriana Monastery (Căpriana) – Free of charge
- Soroca Fortress (Independenței 78) – Free of charge
- Orhei National Park – Free of charge
- National Museum of Ethnography and Nature (Chisinau) – 50 lei
- Mileștii Mici Winery (Mileștii Mici) – 200-300 lei for a tasting tour
Accommodation and transportation:
- Accommodation in Chisinau: A hotel will cost about 600 lei per night.
- Fuel Cost: Gasoline – 23 lei per liter, Diesel – 21 lei per liter.
- Fuel consumption: Let’s assume that the car consumes 10 liters of fuel per 100 km. Let’s calculate:
- For gasoline: 23 lei/liter * 10 liters = 230 lei per 100 km
- For diesel: 21 lei/liter * 10 liters = 210 lei per 100 km.
To optimize your journey as much as possible and save on fuel, it is recommended to map out a route, avoiding returning on roads already traveled. Here is a small route map to see all the places listed above without spending too much on fuel:
- Cathedral of the Nativity of Christ in Chisinau
- Mileștii Mici Winery
- Chisinau Botanical Garden
- Soroca Fortress
- National Museum of Ethnography and Nature (Chisinau)
- Capriani Monastery
- Curchi Monastery
- Orhei National Park
- Tsypova Monastery
You can follow the route via Yandex navigato – here.
By following this route, you will be able to enjoy the beauty of Moldova to the maximum, minimizing costs and travel time.
Chisinau Botanical Garden (Strada Pădurii 18): This botanical garden was founded in 1950 and since then it has become one of the most popular places for recreation and walks in Chisinau. It surprises visitors with its variety of plants, collections of exotic and local species. A visit to the botanical garden is an opportunity to enjoy nature and learn more about the diversity of flora from all over the world
Curchi Monastery (Curchi 3524, Orhei): Curchi Monastery is one of the most significant religious sites in Moldova. It was founded in the XV century and has been a pilgrimage site for believers and tourists ever since. The monastery’s buildings, majestic churches and monastery walls create an atmosphere of peace and piety, attracting visitors with their beauty and history.
Soroca Fortress (Independenței 78): Soroca Fortress is a historic fortress built in the 15th century for defense against invasions. It is an amazing combination of stone architecture and majestic views of the surrounding landscape. A visit to this fortress allows you to immerse yourself in the ancient history of Moldova and feel the spirit of the past.
National Museum of Ethnography and Nature (Chisinau): This museum is not only a repository of historical artifacts and exhibits, but also a place where you can immerse yourself in the culture and nature of Moldova. Here you will find unique collections of everyday objects, folk costumes, as well as samples of flora and fauna of the region. A visit to the museum will help you better understand and appreciate the richness and diversity of Moldova’s cultural heritage.
Botanical Garden in Chisinau – Wiki
Curci Monastery – Wiki
Cathedral of the Nativity of Christ in Chisinau – Wiki
Tipova Monastery – Wiki
Capriana Monastery – Wiki
Fortress of Soroca – Wiki
Orhei National Park – Wiki
National Museum of Ethnography and Nature – Wiki
Mileștii Mici Winery – Wine.md
If any information provided in this article is outdated/incorrect, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information provided here is subject to critical examination and may be limited or even erroneous. Even well-researched and well-known places may have ambiguous aspects and be subject to interpretation depending on the source and context.
For example, the history of local landmarks can be subject to debate and different points of view. Even if facts are given with references to official sources, they may still be subject to interpretation and revision.
Therefore, it is always advisable to check information from different sources and do your own research to get a more complete and accurate understanding of the topic.
Thus, remember that the information provided here represents only one of many possible views and may not cover all the nuances and aspects of the topics discussed.